Saturday, January 14

You seemed really nice, right off the bat
but nice can only take you so far.
When the nicieties wear off, we have nothing
if you can't stimulate the conversation.
I can't be content with just sitting,
feelings of boredom, mind whirling inside
This was not a "relationship", not even a friendship
just another failed attempt at connection.

But you didn't notice the look on my face
or that my brain was spinning with thought.
My words caught you off guard, like you thought
this had a chance going somewhere
but like everything else, it didn't cause a spark
it didn't even make you flinch.
You will never be happy until you learn to try new things
were my words of parting with you.
But like I said, who am I to judge, it's just a view.

I tried to warn you at the start
that I was not easily content.
I can't be satisfied by idle chat
nor lack of compliment.
I need to be amazed, to be made to think
to walk away feeling in a haze.
I need stimulation, to be called on my bullshit
to not be trapped a comfortable rut.
But what's a week or two, here and there
I feel like my work is done
I opened your ears to new sounds
that I hope will spur you along
then closed the door and walked away,
another job well done

No comments: