Sunday, January 15

Poetry Anyone?


so Nicki says, "what the fuck's up with all the poetic words these days, your blog has always just been nasty and funny, impersonal shit." And true enough, it has. Thats not to say those are the only thoughts I have though, and like I said to her, the whole time I was with Dennis, I couldn't write a lick. This should have been a warning bell way back in the beginning, but at the time I was thinking of it differenty. I thought maybe, because he didn't inspire any emotionally tragic poetry, that maybe he was the one. I've missed this side of me, and find myself daydreaming in poetry whenever I am left alone with my thoughts. I always loved the ability to turn any emotional moment into written prose, it's a great form of expression. I always thought someday I would dig through all those old journals and have enough to actually publish a book of tragic poetry. Maybe now I can begin anew, starting fresh from this more mature place in my life. So say what you want, if it offends more than camel toes and big cocks, thats your opine and you can just quit reading this damn cheesy blog. Oh, and have a lovely snow-covered Sunday.

1 comment:

miss.nicola said...

I like it when you're funny
and I like it when you're crass
and I like it when you're sensitive
so please now kiss my ass

sometimes there's nothing better
than a soulful tender rhyme
but we can't expect just poetry
from jensy all the time

your special brand of humour
keeps me going through the day
I couldn't live my life without
knowing the jensy way