Sunday, May 20

Jen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance



18 days later she comes back. Again my blog has been neglected, big surprise. Since I've gone back to work full time it seems that a lot of things are being neglected. My house is a disaster, emails are going unresponded to, phone calls aren't being made, never mind the list of ongoing household fixer-ups sitting on my desk, AND my required work journaling is at least a week behind. Sheesh, no pressure hey.
Anyways...it's not really motorcycle maintenance either, it's all about the basics of car repair. I'm enjoying maintaining my jetta, it's quite empowering doing my own car repair. Last month I figured out how to change a headlight bulb, this week was a taillight. It wasn't actually burnt out, it had just become disconnected. But in order to figure that out, I had to dig in and find out how to get to it, after I has already been to partsource and bought replacement bulbs. It felt cool, and yep, once you have no men to rely on for car stuff, it's amazing what you can learn to do yourself.
It's been a crazy run. The past month has been so chaotic it's amazing that I am able to remain upright. Kelli's wedding, numerous birthdays, finishing school (I graduate this Friday!) and working full time, wow, crazy busy. Good thing I tend to naturally thrive off of a high speed lifestyle, otherwise I'd be fucked.
I was going to post something the other day, and went looking for an image of an ass made of meat. Wow, beware if you ever type "meatass" into google images. Ha ha ha, got so distracted I had to go to my room. The side effect of not having a jolly good rogering in way too long....anyways, that's another tale for another time.
Goals for the year:
Secure a financially substantial internship in Saskatoon.
Wait for the market to level and find a house in a neighborhood I love.
Maybe even date someone who is worth my time and energy(Likely the hardest of the three.) Speaking of which, I had a thought the other day. Why do we call piggish men dogs when dogs are actually loyal and loving and trustworthy? Weird hey?

No comments: