Saturday, November 26

"Quote of the Week"


So I take my mom to the doctor and on the wall opposite us was a poster about fetal alcohol syndrome. My mom looks up at it and says "I'm sure glad that wasn't around when I was pregnant with you guys." I started to laugh but then questioned her about her comment where upon she explained to me that of course she drank when she was pregnant with me, everybody did in those days. She explained that she didn't drink nearly as much as the woman down the road, only about 4 beer or so every weekend. To this I factored in the many holidays that would have occured during my pregnancy, which adds up to be a lot of alcohol for such a young pup. Yikes, things were definately different in the 70s. Don't get the impression that I am dissing my mama or anything, cause really, it was an amusing conversation.

1 comment:

rainswept said...
This comment has been removed by the author.