Sunday, April 8

Happy Fuckin Easter


Waking up a little pissy this this morning, it being Easter and all. Whatever right, it's just another overcommercialized holiday that somewhere along the line went from being about Jesus, to being all about bunnies and chocolate and eggs. The thing that sticks in my head is that holidays like this should be about family, the gathering of people you consider to be family. I guess that explains my top of the morning pissiness, the lack of feeling like I actually belong to a family at all. I got a message from my brother last night saying that he is flying in this morning for my grandpa's funeral tomorrow, but today he will be in Humboldt spending Easter with our family. Now my mom metioned something about this the other day, she didn't invite me mind you, or even bother to ask what my plans were, but she mentioned it. She didn't mention my birthday next week either, but we'll save that one for another day. Which leads us back to my current mood. I'm not saying they had any obligation to invite me, but really, it might have been nice to be considered. So here I sit, Easter morning, no signs of the easter bunny here, for my kids are at their dad's. I drink coffee and smoke numerous cigarettes and wonder how to spend my glorious easter...maybe a little homework, maybe some laundry, or maybe I could go hang out with my ex and his mother as that is the only remotely close to holiday spirit invitation I have received. Hmmm...family.
On a brighter note though, our trip to Moose Jaw yesterday was excellent. Just me and Nicki on the open road with the sun shining. We played pool, we ate Thai food, we swam blissfully in the mineral waters with the cool open air on our faces, and even managed to take in a testosterone filled live UFC fight in a really cool old hotel bar surrounded by fellas of all shapes and sizes. I didn't even mind the half-drunk dark drive home, the night was full of stars galore. Refreshing really, and good thing too, cause I have a feeling it's going to be a long week.

1 comment:

miss.nicola said...

what's with your mom lately? sounds like she's kind of hung up her mom hat with you. And umm Happy Easter.