Monday, August 13

Nicki was right...summer and blogging just don't seem to mesh all that well. And what a summer it's been thus far. Somehow I have it in my head that this is my last summer of being a irresponsible deviant. By next summer I should be a professional funeral director and embalmer, and with that there seems to come a sense of public decency. What does this mean exactly? Well, given that society in general has been progressing, speaking mainly of trends of what is socially acceptable. Times are a changin, but in some areas slower than others. Does this mean no public drunkeness, no visible tattoos, no fighting with assholes in public places? I sure hope not, but I am more than willing to cool it in a couple of these areas.
It seems when you force yourself to choose the people in your life who are having a positive impact, rather than a damaging controlling effect, life just seems so much more simple. I like the way things are going right now, besides being horribly nervous about actually finishing school and becoming a professional adult (ha ha). Who cares if my ex got married last weekend, I mean really, I wasn't going to marry him or reproduce with him anyways.
And it's cool to have a friend boy that is totally cool and weird. Scary, but the potential for goodness is there. I'm trying not to fall into old patterns of thinking that come with being in awful relationships that involve control and manipulation, that shit is running deep though and sometimes bites back. Keep plugging away, who knows, maybe one of these days I will deal with the growing list of neglected shit that is clearly overdue. Yep...but thats another tale for another time.

No comments: